Prior Approval of Project
River Ganga (Rejuvenation, Protection and Management) Authorities Order, 2016, Section 42 - Giving of prior approval in certain matters provides that every person,
the State Ganga Committees, District Ganga Protection Committees, local authorities and other authorities shall obtain prior approval of the
National Mission for Clean Ganga, on the following matters, relating to River Ganga and any area abutting River Ganga or its tributaries, if required to
implement the decisions of the National Ganga Council, namely:-
1. engineered diversion and storage of water in River Ganga without affecting the flow of water downstream of the River Ganga.
2. construction of bridges and associated roads and embankments over the River Ganga or at its River Bank or its flood plain area.
3. construction of Ghats or extension of any existing Ghat.
4. construction of jetties.
5. construction of permanent hydraulic structures for storage or diversion or control of waters or channelisation of River Ganga or its tributaries.
6. deforestation of hill slopes and notified forest and other eco-sensitive areas.